Todos hemos eschado, leido o comentado la más famosa de sus leyes: "cuando algo puede fallar, fallará", pero aqui tienen nuevas leyes de Murphy que son bastante atinadas…
Sobre investigación y experimentación:
- No experiment is ever a complete failure.
It can always be used as a bad example.
- There is a solution to every problem;
the only difficulty is finding it.
- If you have something to do, and you put it off long enough
chances are someone else will do it for you.
- Any time you wish to demonstrate something, the number of
faults is proportional to the number of viewers.
- If the assumptions are wrong,
the conclusions aren’t likely to be very good.
Acerca de programadores y trabajo en equipo:
- Any given program, when running, is obsolete.
- If a program is useful, it will be changed.
- If a program is useless, it will be documented.
- Real programmers have read the standards manual
but won’t admit it.
- Real programmers argue with the systems analyst as a
matter of principle.
- Real programmers drink too much coffee so that they will
always seem tense and overworked.
- Teamwork is essential. It allows you to blame someone else.
Un par sobre historia:
- History proves nothing.
- History repeats itself.
that’s one of the things wrong with history.
Cuando estes exponiendo o presentando algo y no pierdas a la audiencia:
- When in doubt, predict that the trend will continue.
- In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
- If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
Y algunas misceláneas para la vida diaria:
- Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.
- Information travels more surely to those with a lesser need to know.
- It is ok to be ignorant in some areas, but some people abuse the privilege.
- When the product is destined to fail, the delivery system will perform perfectly.
- When you’re up to your ass in alligators, it is difficult to keep your mind on the fact that your primary objective was to drain the swamp.
- Anything is possible, but nothing is easy.
- It is better to be part of the idle rich class than be part of the idle poor class.
- The best way to lie is to tell the truth….. carefully edited truth.
- If you’re feeling good, don’t worry, you’ll get over it.
- Only a mediocre person is always at their best.
- When all else fails, read the instructions.
- A pessimist is an optimist with experience.
- Indifference is the only sure defense.
- Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.
- If you don’t care where you are, you ain’t lost.
- A crisis is when you can’t say "let’s forget the whole thing".
- Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.
- To spot the expert, pick the one who perdicts the job will take the longest and cost the most.